- On this Website;
- In email, text, chat and other electronic messages between you and the Website;
- Through your participation in interactive platforms offered on or through the Website, including webinars and online classes, comments on and discussions regarding blog posts, and through the member forum and other social media features.
- By us offline or through any other means other than those described in the preceding section, including on a different website operated by the Firm or on websites operated by a third party; or
- By any third party, including through any application or content that may link to or be accessible from the Website.
2. Children Under the Age of 18.
Our Website is not intended for children under 18 years of age or of legal age to form a binding contract under your state’s laws. No one under age 18 may provide any information to or through the Website or participate in any interactive features, including forums, webinars and online classes, blog comments, etc. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not subscribe to or register as a member on the Website, make any purchases through the Website (including of subscriptions, webinars, or online classes), use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including, without limitation, your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us at email@example.com.
3. Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It.
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, telephone number, credit card information (if a subscription or purchase is made), email address, screen name, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“Personal Information”);
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as geographic location; and
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
We collect information:
- directly from you when you provide it to us;
- automatically as you navigate through the Website, which may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies; and
- from third parties such as, for example, our affiliates and business partners.
4. Information You Provide to Us.
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website, including information provided at the time of registering to be a subscriber to or member our Website, posting material to our blog or in our member forums, or registering or enrolling in a webinar or online class.
- information you provide when you enter a promotion sponsored by us or when you report a problem with our Website;
- records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contract us;
- your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research and product development purposes;
- details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders, including financial or credit card information you are required to provide before making or purchase or placing an order through our Website; and
- your search queries on the Website, including searches involving other members.
You also may provide voluntarily information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public and member areas of the Website or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted, and may be transmitted to others, at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by persons not authorized by you or us.
5. Automatic Information Collection and Tracking.
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data, and the resources that you access and use on the Website; and
- information about your computer/device and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). When such technologies are in use, you can opt out of behavioral tracking on this Website and how we respond to web browser signals and other mechanisms that enable consumers to exercise choice about behavioral tracking.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and may include personal information, or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. The information collected helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests;
- speed up your searches; and
- recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored object (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Your Choices About our Use, collection and Disclosure of Your Information below.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (and referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Firm, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related Website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain Website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Your Choices About Our Use, Collection, and Disclosure of Your Information.
7. How We Use Your Information.
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- to present our Website and its contents to you;
- to provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us;
- to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- to provide you with notices about your account, membership, registrations and enrollments, including reminders of upcoming events;
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- to notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide through it;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website;
- in any other way we may describe when you provide the information; and
- for any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please check the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (the subscriber or member registration form) or adjust your user preferences in your account profile. For more information, see Your Choices About Our Use, Collection and Disclosure of Your Information below.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
8. Disclosure of Your Information.
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- to our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- to contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them, including, for example, customer support, credit history, and authorization service providers;
- to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all the Firm’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by the Firm about our Website users is among the assets transferred;
- to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; and
- with your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- to comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Firm or our customers and users, or for other purposes such as exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
9. Your Choices About Our Use Collection, and Disclosure of Your Information.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from the Firm. If you do not wish to have your email address or other contact information used by the Firm to promote our own or affiliates’ products or services, you can opt out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (the subscription or member registration form) or at any other time by logging into the Website and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Firm because of a subscription to or purchase of services, product service or support experience, or other user-initiated transactions.
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. We will not share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes. We may, however, include on the Website some content or applications, including advertisements, that are served by third parties, including advertisers, ad networks, and servers; content providers, and application providers. These third-party advertising, content, or application providers may collect your personal information in accordance with their internal policies.
- Right to Access Your Data and Right to be Forgotten. You have the right to access your data upon request. You also have the right to permanently delete your data from the Website (other than User Contributions). Requests to access data or to permanently delete data should be addressed to email@example.com. We will respond to such requests within 14 days of receipt. Please be sure your email address and telephone number are current before requesting access to or deletion of data. We use third party apps on our site, including for the scheduling and delivery of webinars and online classes, for data analytics, and for marketing and other purposes. We will endeavor to obtain or delete data from these third-party providers to the extent we are reasonably able to do so.
10. Accessing and Correcting Your Information.
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Website and visiting your subscriber or member profile page.
You may also send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your subscriber/member account. We may elect not to accommodate a request to change information if we believe that change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
11. Your California Privacy Rights.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits users of our Website who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. We do not share our users’ personal information with third party direct marketers (excluding the Firm’s affiliates and agents).
12. Data Security.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Security measures may be provided by our licensors from whom we contract particular services or features, including for hosting, communications, and/or payment transactions.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot and do not guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website or the circumvention of privacy settings or security measures provided by our licensors.
14. Contact Information.
P.O. Box 458
Madison, Mississippi 39130
15. Effective Date.