Lexcela Code of Conduct
By subscribing to, joining, or using the Lexcela website (the “Website“), including but not limited to the forum and blog hosted thereon, you agree that you have read and will follow the rules and guidelines set forth in this Code of Conduct. You also agree to reserve forum discussions and blog comments for topics intended for discussion on the Website.
As with any community, there are guidelines governing behavior on the Website. Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with these important guidelines. Lexcela, a division of Anne Turner, PC (the “Firm“), reserves the right to suspend or terminate membership on the Website for members who violate these rules.
• When starting a forum conversation, use a meaningful heading for your topic. State concisely and clearly the specific topic to which the forum thread will relate. This is a time-saver for all forum participants, who will be able to quickly identify topics of interest and skip over those they feel are less important to them. Clear and concise topic identifications will also help participants receiving notifications of new postings to decide whether the new posting is or is not of interest to them.
• Do not post commercial messages of any type. No “spamming” will be permitted on the forum or blog. If you have products, programs or services that you believe would be of interest to other Website members, you will need to contact them directly. The Website forum and blog are devoted to legal topics of interest to members and not to any other purpose.
• When participating in a forum or responding to a forum or blog post, stick to the topic intended for discussion.
• Be polite, professional and civil. Do not challenge or attack others. The discussions on the Website forum and blog are meant to stimulate conversation, not to create contention. If you have a conflict with an individual, please settle it privately. Discussions or posts that do not comply with this requirement will be promptly removed after we become aware of them.
• Members must use their real names, their companies’ real names, and real contact information when participating on public portions of the site. Any member registrations determined to be aliases will be promptly removed.
• Warn other forum or blog participants of lengthy posts. Identification can be made either in the subject line or at the beginning of the post with a line that says “Long Post.”
• Do not post to the forum or blog anything you do not want to be seen in public. The blog is visible to the general public, and the forum is visible to all members of the site. Posts can be readily screen-shotted, saved or forwarded and can show up anywhere, even outside the Website. Do not post anything in on a Website user area that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
• All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, and illegal materials are strictly prohibited and will be promptly removed once we become aware of them. We reserve the right to make referrals to law enforcement if we determine, in our sole discretion, such a referral is warranted under the circumstances.
• Try to avoid posting meaningless forum or blog entries (posts or responses) with no content. Messages such as “that’s great information,” “sounds like a great idea,” or “me too” are not helpful to other users and unnecessarily lengthen threads.
• Do not send administrative messages through the Website or any public area thereon. Messages such as “remove me from the list,” should be directed to Lexcela staff at email@example.com.
• Use caution when discussing other members’ (or third parties’) companies, products, or services or any individual. Information, comments, and discussions posted on the Website are available for all to see and are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
• Use virus detection/protection software. Make sure you have and use virus detection/protection software on your PC. Do not upload or post links to any content that you know or have reason to know is infected with a virus, malware, ransomware, or other harmful materials. Please let us know immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org if you find infected content, or links to infected content, on the Website.
• Do not post attachments to your forum or blog entries. Viruses and malware are often spread by way of attachments. If you wish to send an attachment to someone, please contact that person directly.
Disclaimer and Legal Rules
The forum and blog on the Website are provided as a service of Lexcela. We accept no responsibility for the opinions and information posted on the Website by others. THE FIRM DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES WITH REGARD TO INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEBSITE, WHETHER POSTED BY THE FIRM OR ANY THIRD PARTY; THIS DISCLAIMER EXPRESSLY INCLUDES, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE FIRM BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OF ANY INFORMATION OR MATERIALS POSTED ON THE WEBSITE.
Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials. Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting information or material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns, has a license to use, or has received other permission from the copyright owner to use, the copyright in such information or material. In addition, the posting party grants the Firm, other members, subscribers, and users of the public resources on the Website the royalty-free, perpetual, nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and otherwise use such information or material in any activities reasonably related to the purposes of the Website.
Messages should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another’s business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
The Firm does not actively monitor the Website in real time for inappropriate postings and does not exercise editorial control of postings. However, in the event that any inappropriate posting is brought or comes to the Firm’s attention, the Firm will take all appropriate action.
The Firm reserves the right to terminate any user’s access for non-compliance with this Code of Conduct.